Effective Date: 10-20-2021
- Types of Information We Collect
We may ask you to provide information when you register, subscribe, or create an account for our Services, purchase a report, contact Sage for customer service purposes, or otherwise interact with or use the Services. We may collect certain types of information, including information that can be used to reasonably identify you, such as your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, date of birth, and geographic location (as described below) (“Personal Information”), and information that does not identify you personally. We may collect the following types of information, including Personal Information:
- Registration and Contact Information that allows you to register for the Services and allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, email address, password, telephone number, or other address at which you receive communications from or on behalf of Sage.
- Search Information, meaning the terms or keywords you search for when using the Services.
- Purchase Information about the items you purchase, such as item descriptions and quantities, time of purchase, total purchase cost, and the company and location you purchased the items from. Purchase information also includes any information (including Personal Information) that may be found on a receipt.
- Transaction Information about how you interact with the Services, such as the offers you view and redeem, other products you purchase; other information about how you use our Services, email, other communications, and applications; and how you interact with Sage’s merchants, business partners, and service providers.
- Location Information including state/province, city, or zip code, as well as precise location data and associated time of day (“Location Information”).
- Information from Cookies and Similar Technologies. When you use our Services, we and our partners may collect certain information using cookies and similar technologies, such as pixel tags, web beacons, browser analysis tools, and web server logs. Cookies are small text files containing a string of alphanumeric characters. We may use both session cookies and persistent cookies. A session cookie disappears after you close your browser. A persistent cookie remains after you close your browser and may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Service. Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed specific actions. When you access these pages or open email messages, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action to us, or our service providers. These tools allow us to measure the response to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions.
We collect many different types of information from cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect and record information from the devices you use to access our Services, such as your IP address, operating system type or mobile device model, mobile device identifiers, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone of your device. We may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you came to our Services and the website you visit after you leave our Services.
Please review your web browser’s “Help” file to learn the proper way to modify your cookie settings. However, please be aware that if you delete, or choose not to accept, cookies from our Services, you may not be able to utilize the features of our Services to their fullest potential.
- Information from Third Parties. We may receive information about you from third parties and combine it with information we have about you. If you use a social media platform, a mobile device or other third-party method of communication to interact with Sage or our Services, that platform may have a specific privacy statement that governs the use of information related to that platform. If you have questions about the security and privacy settings of your mobile device, please refer to instructions from your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
- How Sage Uses Information
Sage and our partners will use the information we collect from and about you in many ways, including:
- Operate and improve our Services, including web hosting;
- Send emails on our behalf;
- Enable third parties to process payments;
- Analyze and understand how you use our Services;
- Perform legal compliance and risk management activities, screening and know your customer checks and reporting to governmental authorities as may be necessary for legal compliance or risk management purposes;
- Evaluate the types of offers, products, or services that may be of interest to you and provide you with offers from participating brands, retailers and partners that are more relevant to you, including offers based on variables such as stated and anticipated user interests, personal characteristics, consumption of content, prior payment behavior, placements or searches, past offer redemptions, or user location;
- Evaluate eligibility of users for certain offers, products or services;
- Track redemption of offers and past purchases, including audits prevention;
- Perform aggregated, pseudonymous (unless otherwise consented to by you) analytics that may be used for Sage’s and any third parties’ marketing, advertising, and data enrichment activities;
- Provide customer support to users;
- Fulfill requests for Sage services, including validation by invisible CAPTCHA;
- Communicate and provide additional information which may be of interest to you about Sage and our brands and business partners, such as news, special offers, announcements, and marketing materials;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing;
- Provide advertisements and marketing solicitations to you through the Services, email messages, text messages, push notifications, applications, or other methods of communication;
- Administer surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored by us or our brands or partners;
- Manage our everyday business needs such as website administration, forum management, analytics, fraud prevention or to comply with the law; and
- Carry out other purposes to which you consent.
In addition to the foregoing, we may aggregate anonymous information and use it for any purpose.
- When and Why Sage May Disclose Information
- Service Providers. We may share information with service providers that provide services to assist us in carrying out the purposes described in Section 2 above. This includes third-party payment processors. Please refer to the terms and conditions of use for each payment processor you would like to use.
- Third Parties.Sage shares information with third parties and service providers, but other than (i) hashed information, device identifiers, or location information (in each case pseudonymized), and (ii) information shared with third party service providers who only use the information to assist us with internal management of our Services (for example, to detect and prevent fraud), we do not disclose your contact information or other personally identifiable information (PII). We share information with third parties to assist us in carrying out the purposes described in Section 2 above.
- Merger, Sale, or Other Asset Transfers. We may share your information to effect a merger, acquisition, or otherwise, and to support the sale or transfer of Sage business assets. If Sage is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on one or more of our Services of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
- As Required by Law, to Enforce Laws and Similar Disclosures. We may also disclose Personal Information to defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action; when required or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate; to enforce our rights or protect our property; to protect the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request; or as needed to support auditing, compliance, risk management, and corporate governance functions.
- We also use third party services, such as Google Analytics, to help us understand how visitors interact with our website and to help improve our user experience. Google provides additional privacy options regarding cookie use described at https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/.
- Aggregate Data. Sage may also disclose information about you that is not personally identifiable. For example, we may provide our brands, merchants, business partners, or other third parties with reports that contain anonymous aggregated data, statistical data, and/or anonymized data.
- We may also share your information with your consent.
- Accessing and Correcting Information
Keeping your information helps ensure that we provide you with the best offers available from our brands and business partners.
You may update or correct your profile information and preferences at any time by accessing your Settings through the Service.
If you want to close your account or have other questions or requests, or if you would like to access or request a correction to any other information we hold about you, please contact us at [EMAIL].
Please note that while your changes are reflected promptly in active user databases, we may retain all information you submit for as long as needed to fulfill a legitimate business need or as required by law, including for backups and archiving, prevention of fraud and abuse, compliance with legal obligations, dispute resolution, enforcing our agreements, and analytics.
- Security of Personal Information
We use certain physical, managerial, and technical safeguards that are designed to improve the integrity and security of your Personal Information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or store on the Service.
- International Visitors
The Service is hosted in the United States and is intended for visitors located within the United States. If you choose to use the Service from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information outside of those regions to the United States for storage and processing, and by providing your personally identifiable information on the Service you consent to that transfer, storage, and processing.
- Privacy of Minors Under 16
The Services are not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information or use the Services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information through the Services or through any of its features, register for the Services, make any purchases through the Services, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Services, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or username you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at [EMAIL].
- Privacy Notice
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Sage, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Services, if any. To request removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Services, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
- Right to Opt Out
However, we may offer you certain financial incentives that can result in different prices, rates, or quality levels. Any financial incentive we offer will reasonably relate to your personal information’s value and contain written terms that describe the program’s material aspects. Participation in a financial incentive program requires your prior opt in consent, which you may revoke at any time.
- Access to your Data
You may request access to all the categories of personal information that Sage has collected about you. When you request this access, the information that Sage provides to you will be made available in a portable and readily readable format. Sage will disclose this information to you within 45 days of you requesting access. If you request access, you will receive both an email confirming Sage’s receipt of your request, and a follow-up email with the information addressing these questions. Sage will also, whether you request access or not, disclose to you (a) the categories of personal information collected about you, (b) the purposes for which your personal information is used, and (c) refrain from collecting or using additional categories of personal information about you without proper notice. To request access to your data, please submit your request to [EMAIL].
- Requests to be Forgotten
You may request that Sage delete all the data it has collected about you, subject to certain exceptions for business purposes. You may request deletion, also known as a request to be forgotten, once in any twelve-month period. However, when you do exercise this right, please know that your user experience will look different and any personalization will be lost. Sage will not be able to send you targeted offers for items that may be of interest to you and you may not receive personalized recommendations or emails. For all intents and purposes, when you exercise the right to be forgotten, you will thereafter be treated as a new Sage user and all personalization to that date may be irrevocably lost. To request to be forgotten, please submit your request to us at [EMAIL].
We may deny your deletion request in whole or in part if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- Our Contact Information